Karen, Webster looks so eager to "play" and to please.
I could be WAY OFF BASE here so disregard if I am, YOU KNOW YOUR DOG!
If I remember correctly you told me Webster already has hip dysplasia. He stopped working in the two minutes of this video I think twice. Is it is possible that he is stopping because his hips begin to hurt? It could be a good idea to work for about half that time, take a break do something else and then go back to it later? Or work on it once or twice a day adding a few seconds each time when you work on either distance ( when he does lots of reps) or duration (when he has to remain on his hind legs)to strengthen his muscles slowly and keep him from having any pain.
Again he may not be in any pain, I do not know the extent of his dysplasia. I just wanted to throw that out there just in case. I miss so many things and count on my friends/training partners to help me see what I may be missing. It is then my responsibility to decide if what they think/see rings true for me and my dog. I encourage you to trust your own intuition about this!
The training looks great. Keep up the great consistency! It pays dividends!
I had not even thought about this Shelia. I will pay more attention and shorten my sessions, as you suggested. I will be flipping these, so let's see what happens. Thank you.
Karen,
ReplyDeleteWebster looks so eager to "play" and to please.
I could be WAY OFF BASE here so disregard if I am, YOU KNOW YOUR DOG!
If I remember correctly you told me Webster already has hip dysplasia. He stopped working in the two minutes of this video I think twice. Is it is possible that he is stopping because his hips begin to hurt? It could be a good idea to work for about half that time, take a break do something else and then go back to it later? Or work on it once or twice a day adding a few seconds each time when you work on either distance ( when he does lots of reps) or duration (when he has to remain on his hind legs)to strengthen his muscles slowly and keep him from having any pain.
Again he may not be in any pain, I do not know the extent of his dysplasia. I just wanted to throw that out there just in case. I miss so many things and count on my friends/training partners to help me see what I may be missing. It is then my responsibility to decide if what they think/see rings true for me and my dog. I encourage you to trust your own intuition about this!
The training looks great. Keep up the great consistency! It pays dividends!
I had not even thought about this Shelia. I will pay more attention and shorten my sessions, as you suggested. I will be flipping these, so let's see what happens. Thank you.
ReplyDelete