Sunday, July 25, 2010

Shaping SURFACES (contact board)


Webster
Shaping Surface, the board.

Criteria: C/T for looking at the board

Criteria: C/T for stepping one paw on the board

Criteria: C/T for two paws on the board

Criteria: All four paws on the board

2 comments:

  1. "Whenever you change something about a behavior, make everything else easier"
    Look at your third Flip through the eyes of the stated criteria only. I think now you have a clearer understanding of criteria. You were getting lots of '2 paws on the board" that you didn't click because you wanted more and then, when you couldn't STAND IT any longer, you began walking and moving to get Web to walk and move. I would LOVE to see you sit down and shape this exercise again!
    "Trust your dog". He will figure this out on his very own! And you'll both learn so much in the process. I think "trainer restraint" (patience) is SO difficult to learn! And I surely did learn it watching Sue shaping Lily to this behavior.
    This may be the perfect time for PG Shaping (Pinot Grigio Shaping)!!!!!
    Invite me over and we can shape and sip together!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could start a whole new club with the PG Shaping! : ) I think that is a great idea! Sort of a passive way of shaping the person to wait and let the dog figure things out. What a great idea Lynn!!

    ReplyDelete