Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Shaping 'Relax'





Webster and I were impressed with Rooster's 'Relax' so we decided to give it some time in our training. I'm very pleased with the session; more pleased that I had the patience to WAIT for Web to figure it out.

4 comments:

  1. For some reason this video isn't coming up for me. ; (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummed I can't see this but thrilled you are learning that to get patience we have to give it! To get relaxation we need to be relaxed! The hard part is learning to wait and relax ourselves. The reward is that it feels so good when you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, what is your criteria here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen,
    That was a great shaping session! Funny in my mind I could almost see your forehead a little wrinkled in concentration!!

    You managed to start the session with a ever so slight dip of the head and you were pretty consistent in your expectations. I thought ( tell me where i am wrong) that you were trying to keep the rate of reinforcement up so a couple times you dropped your criteria that you had raised a little, back down so Web could be successful. The more he seemed to be certain of what you wanted the longer you were willing to wait for him to offer you more. You ended with the chin flat on the floor which I think was the goal. Am I correct?

    I am proud of you! This was great! Get this really solid and without much latency in the house and back yard then do it in the car then take it to the park! Take a blanket to the park, sit near the edge of the park ( or where ever is the least distractions. Sit on it with him and wait for him to lie down ( don't CUE ANYTHING) click and treat the down, then wait..... for the head dip, C/T....wait.... let him figure it out, shape it all again in the park! HE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!

    ( if you practice this some at home with him on the blanket it will make it easier for him at the park. The blanket cuts out a lot of the distraction because he can't just lay there and sniff the grass)

    ReplyDelete