Monday, July 26, 2010

GTM

Webster and I have not worked on GTM for over a month. My Criteria was for Web to go to the mat with all 4 paws, and lie down. We needed to start at the basics: walk toward the mat, 1 paw on the mat, 2 paws.....I see Web standing on the mat without a C/T from me, as I'm waiting for him to lie down. I can really see the need to write my training plan down, taking into consideration how long it has been since we trained a certain Behavior. Start simple.


1 comment:

  1. So, if we refer back to last Thursday's class, we would actually say that your GOAL was for Web to go to the mat with all 4 paws, and lie down. And if you go back to the beginning and re-teach it (or review it with Webster) then your steps or your CRITERIA would be walk toward the mat, 1 paw on the mat, 2 paws..... As long as you see the progression in your head, as you so obviously do, then you will find that you don't need a written plan. Just do as you said, Start Simple. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete