Sunday, September 5, 2010

L2 Distance


Webster did not pass his L2 Distance at Oceanside Harbor, so I started from scratch in the backyard. He does well going counterclockwise, but hesitates clockwise, and so you will see my body position compensating. Watching this video made that very apparent to me.

2 comments:

  1. That was a GREAT example of re-teaching the behavior, Karen. At 321 when he stopped working, I was sitting here saying outloud, "Go bak to the bginning!" AND YOU DID!

    Next time try not "luring" with your body for so long and so much. Pretty soon in the training, continue facing the walker and just turn your shoulders and then eventually go to just your arm movements and then see if you can eventually drop those as well.

    Really nice job. The re-teaching video was less than 4 minutes. Several more sessions just like that one and he'll have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynn. I will take these comments and re-work the behavior.

    ReplyDelete